John Jung leads Greensmith Energy Management systems, which has revolutionized energy storage. He helped develop a game changing technology that helps the energy grid run more efficiently and reliably. Most other companies focused on developing a better battery, but they instead chose to build a machine that could stand up to the high stakes requirements of the largest energy producers. Although part of many previous venture backed companies, redefining the conventional understanding required a different strategy altogether.
In this episode John discusses:
- How to create a product that addresses many different stakeholders
- How to break into a heavily concentrated industry
- How building a machine is different than building software
- The key to success in a high stakes industry is to assume failure
- How to build a product that can’t be copied overnight
- How to create a product that can stand up to the toughest scrutiny and testing